Thursday, May 21, 2015

My dear grandmother





I didn't announce my week-long trip to California this time, because my beloved grandmother passed away suddenly and I needed to spend time with my family. I couldn't believe my ears when my mom called me to tell me the devastating news. My dad had just passed away less than 2 years ago, and this time his mother... I was not planning to have to say good-bye to her so soon. She was the most beautiful woman inside and out, so gracious, caring and loving to everyone around her. I'll truly miss her southern-style cooking, her baking, the stories she told of her childhood, and just being in her presence. She taught me the importance of family and of God, and to keep them close to your heart. Grandma, you will be truly missed by many. I love you and miss you so much. May you rest in peace and watch over us from Heaven with Dad. 




13 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry to hear about your grandma as well as your dad. sending positive vibes your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandmother and father, I lost both myself and I was sad I didn't get to say goodbye. The good memories you have of them are a gift they left behind. Take care.

    Much Love,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family now.
    May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey love, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. However, she's in such a beautiful and peaceful place up there. My heart was broken when my grandma passed away too and the fact that I was too busy to go and visit her and I still regret it. Hope you feel better soon and stay strong my girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. =( sorry to hear that dear. condolence to you and your family. I knwo how it feels my father just passed away justr lats month too. http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your lost :( stay strong !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about this. My condolences, Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just commented the other post and now I see that reasons for your trip are not fun and relax... I hope reuniting with family will be consoling. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. You and your family are in my prayers.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss. It's a very lovely picture of her. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. deepest condolences for you and family :( im really sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness... i am just getting around to reading this now. i am so very sorry for our loss. sending you my thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!