Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ghibli

 (dress: uniqlo; denim jacket, purse, &shoes: bought in Japan)

I went to the Ghibli Art Museum in Mitaka, Japan a few days ago.
Studio Ghibli is a Japanese film and animation studio that has created masterpieces such as My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Spirited Away. I grew up watching these movies, so it was a dream come true to finally make my way to the art museum. Words can't really describe how amazing it all was - I could tell how much work was put into creating this Ghibli-land that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. There was even a life-size Catbus with furry seats and scenes from the movie Totoro that could be seen through the windows.

The gray T-shirt dress I'm wearing is my new favorite item: the fabric is really soft and it's super comfortable. I can't wait to pair it with the jackets and blazers I left back at home.

On a different note, what flavor ice cream do you think I'm holding in the last photo? It's red pepper ice cream... I know, weird. I'm smiling in the picture, not knowing how ridiculously spicy it is... :)


Love,

Samantha Mariko



8 comments:

  1. nice pics!!
    following you with GFC and bloglovin, I hope you'll follow me too!!
    kisses


    http://godsavethepink.blogspot.it
    http://pinklipstick.over-blog.it
    www.youtube.com/user/pinklipstickblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the casual vibe of the outfit :)

    http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute daily outfit! i love your hair <3
    have just followed your blog, nice blog!! <3

    xoxo
    http://styleshowroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this place looks so amazing!! i love totoro!! the outfit is really casual and cute and the ice cream looks very interesting! i often find personally when someone tells me something to try that is really weird and then they say that "it sounds weird but it is really good" i usually don't like it hahaha

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha,

    Nice blog. We love it.
    We’ve been taking note of your style and we've come to be wonderfully addicted to it.
    We'd like to invite you as our 1st group of fashionista to join WhatIWear in a conquest to inspire the world,changing one wardrobe at a time.

    Click HERE to become a member - www.whatiwear.com
    Or check our blog at blog.whatiwear.com

    --
    Here are some members who have already joined us.
    Anastasia Siantar - brownplatform.com
    Andree Judd - avantgardien.tumblr.com
    Willabell Ong - paledivision.blogspot.com
    Marie Hamm - themavenpost.blogpost.com
    Paris & London - themadtwins.blogspot.com
    Alyssa Lau - theordinarypeoples.blogspot.com
    Nadine Drexler - whengreengrasswasyellowonpictures.com
    White Lace - whitelace.ro
    Becka Häggblom - sunshineinnorth.blogspot.com
    Michalina Z - stook-pook.blogspot.com
    Jessica C - westmountfashionista.com
    Claradevi Handriatmadja - luce-dale.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these photos! Your hair is so pretty!

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photos! The museum looks like a really fun place to visit. I've never heard of red pepper ice cream before - that's a pretty interesting flavor :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ice cream sounds interestingly good, actually!! Love your dresses, too. It looks like a easy, casual dress that I would love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!