Wednesday, May 7, 2014

first appearance on Japanese variety TV - 「世界の日本人妻は見た」




Last week, I had one of the most amazing job opportunities - I was asked to be on a popular Japanese variety TV show on TBS called 「世界の日本人妻は見た」("Sekaino Nihonjinzuma wa Mita"). Every week, ladies of different ethnicities living in Japan are invited to share their experiences from their home country as the entire cast watch clips of the latest trends and other interesting tidbits from those countries. 

昨夜、TBSの「世界の日本人妻は見た」というバラエティー番組に初出演しました!

The episode that I was in aired last night, and it was a 2 hour special about Jakarta and Los Angeles. Because I grew up in the LA/ OC area, I was lucky enough to be on the show. Some of the LA trends that were introduced: healthy/ detox drinks, popular brunch dishes, DIY, and pets. The show was actually filmed about a week ago, but I didn't get to see myself on screen until the actual airing last night, so I was a bit nervous how I would appear on TV >< I was on national Japanese TV for a few short minutes (to introduce one of my favorite dogs, Boo!), but I am so thankful for this opportunity, and also for my family, friends, coworkers, and others who have told me they watched me on TV! Thank you so, so much!!!


夢のような経験をさせていただきました。素敵な出演者とスタッフの方とお仕事ができて、本当に光栄です。感謝の気持ちでいっぱいです!見てくださった皆さん、ありがとうございました!!



Love,

Samantha Mariko


30 comments:

  1. nice! congrats dear!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! So so cool and you look great too! No embarrassing mishaps then :) xxx
    La Lingua : Food, Life, Love, Travel, Friends, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! You look great and I am sure it was a memorable experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha, the camera LOVES you! You looked so good! And what an awesome opportunity. I like the whole gist of the show. Now that's making someone feel welcomed at it's best. So happy for you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is amazing and you look adorable on screen!! congrats! it's so much fun that you got to introduce boo :)

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a cool TV show!! Congratulations for being featured there!! It sure looks fun! :) Have a great day! xx

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa, it's so cool :)
    congrats!
    and Boo is really really cute ♥♥

    ♥Ongles et De La Vie De Puspita♥
    ♥Instagram♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, congratulations! That was such a big achievement and you look pretty on tv too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is cool! haha. Not many people get to say that they were on a tv show but you can cross that one off your list

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so lucky. I particularly love Japan & Japanese fashion.
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin
    & Google+? Lets keep in touch!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. DUDE this is so rad!! I totally want to be on a Japanese variety show! Is there a clip out there that you can post, i wanna see!

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thats amazing, congrats sweety, it must have been such a thrilling opportunity! I enjoyed reading your views on my last post. Have a Fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so neat! I love your blog! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out! x

    www.joyyiu.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulation on the featuring! 君はとてもかわいい:)

    日本語が少し話せいますね、ではずっと日本へ行きたいなああああ <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow congrats! it looks such a fun variety show :D

    hope you have an amazing weekend!

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulation pretty :)
    P.S i already followed you back <3
    anyway, would you like to follow each other on instagram?

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS PAGE
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! What an incredible opportunity and once-in-a-lifetime experience! Congratulations and I hope that you love how you've come across on television! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    *I follow back bloggers on Bloglovin'*

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your kind words, hope you're having a wonderfully relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats dear ! Look who's going to become a famous fashionista all around the world haha ;)


    xo. TDVR
    www.tenindvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!! That's very cool!

    www.samspinkslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh thats great !! Congrats !
    You live in Japan ?
    Xxx
    Love From Paris,
    Lorna

    HTTP://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!