Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Okinawa photo diary




It's only been two days but I already miss the beauty that is Okinawa. The southernmost islands of Japan, it is truly a paradise surrounded by a vast and beautiful ocean. I had the opportunity to visit Okinawa for the first time for a work trip to help sell yoga wear at the Satsang Yoga & Music Festival. I will definitely get into detail about the brand, Aumnie, and the rest of the festival. Anywho, my coworkers and I stayed at the Moon Beach Hotel located roughly an hour away from Naha Airport, a beautiful beach resort as you can see. Even though we had to work close to 10 hours each day for the festival, I was lucky enough to grasp some of the beauty on camera. The food was delicious (maybe a bit oily because so many of their famous dishes are fried), the water was clear (the beach at night time was my favorite), and the people were so kind and friendly. I had wanted to visit Okinawa in what seems like forever (well, maybe since I was 12 to be more exact), and I feel like I learned more about Japan and myself through this trip. Always thankful for opportunities that come my way. Many many thanks to Aumnie Japan for making it happen.


先週末、4日間沖縄でのお仕事中撮った写真です。初めての沖縄は、言葉にできないくらい良い経験となりました。12歳のときからずっと行きたいと思っていたところなので、仕事で行けたことに感謝。今回のお仕事は、Satsang ヨガと音楽フェスでヨガウェアを販売する内容でした。Aumnieというカナダのブランドなのですが、本当にすばらしいアクティブウェアのブランド。Aumnie Japan のおかげで初沖縄が果たせたので、本当に感謝しています。この4日間、沖縄の文化を身近で知ることができたし、自分も少し成長したかな、と思いました。また次回、Aumnie とフェスのことをもっと詳しく記事にしたいと思います。お楽しみに!



Stay tuned for more on Aumnie!





Love,

Samantha





19 comments:

  1. These photos are giving me total wanderlust right now! Okinawa looks absolutely stunning. A trip to paradise sounds so ideal right now, especially since NYC's weather has been terribly cold and windy lately :'(

    Your blog is giving me so much inspiration now!

    ♥♥♥
    Kelsey
    RUNAWAY IN LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealousy doesn't even begin to describe what i'm feeling looking at these photos. I'm desperate for a tropical getaway! Glad you finally made your dreams to visit that place a reality!

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    I would really love for you to check out my latest post:
    Kaiyo Aino Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. a too much delicious foods and drink here, im starving now Sam ;') anyway you seemed had a great time in Okinawa, wish i could visit Okinawa soon or later.
    dying to taste the kitkat you've been posted on your ig btw

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, it is like a paradise island! I know you had a blast. Pretty pictures of you. The food and landscape is breathtaking.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. samantha, all these sunshine and todd pics are making me want to go travelling and get out of this cold
    Looking good xx
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okinawa is one of the most beautiful resorts in Japan.
    I love the mainland, but I do recommend you smaller islands around it.
    XX

    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photos, Okinawa looks so beautiful!

    www.nevernotinspired.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing! and such beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing and lovely pictures
    really impressive
    http://www.consumerspk.com/damages-of-rs-50000-against-terminal-manager-niazi-express-etc/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow amazing photos! Looks like warm weather over there!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. your Japanese is so good! Even better than mine tbh. Okinawa looks very beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. まりこさん、こんにちは。
    先日うちの息子も沖縄に修学旅行で行っていました。
    偶然でびっくり!
    沖縄、海がとってもきれい。Aumnieというブランド、気になります。

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the photos are so beautiful! I never thought of going there but after seeing this, I probably will. :3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okinawa looks absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing this photo diary!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos :)

    myvintagephotography.blogspot.de/2014/10/monochrome-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww what a lovely photos! And looks like you enjoyed your stay there <3

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice photo's your blog looks great!
    would you like to follow each other ? :)

    xxx
    http://shinkusara.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!