Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Deep-cleansing with Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore cleansing series


As a model, one of my daily priorities is taking care of my skin. When I was still living in southern California, I didn't have any major problems with my face (I did have the occasional breakout though). But after moving to Japan, my skin did a 180 on me, and at first I had no idea how to fix the problem. It took me a while to figure out what was good or bad for my skin, and I still experiment with different skincare products. Recently, I've realized cleansing is one of the most important steps in skincare - if you don't completely cleanse all the makeup, dirt and toxins of the day, the rest of your skincare routine is meaningless. Living and working in a crowded city really requires me to make sure everything is off at the end of the day. So, here are two of my current favorites that get the job done.






Both of these are made with Amazonian white clay, with exfoliating and detoxifying properties.
I actually started using the masque first, because I was looking for something that would remove all the dirt and debris from my face after a long day. It's very easy to use - just apply a thin layer on damp skin, and leave it on for about 10 minutes or until it is almost completely dry. My skin feels so smooth and clean after I wash it off, and my blemishes look significantly smaller after use (not kidding!).

I recently read an article on Into the Gloss about the benefits of clay, which explains that "because clay is formed in the river and is left out in the sunlight, wind, and rain for thousands of years, it absorbs all of those properties of nature. It takes on the energy, so when you look at it as a substance, you can say that it's the sum of the pull of nature's energy." Clay truly absorbs all the dirt and toxins from deep within, and using both the masque and the cleanser has seriously improved the texture of my skin. Since I don't want to use the masque everyday, I use the cleanser the other days as a cleanser/ exfoliator.





I'm experimenting with other Kiehl's products so I might post about those later. Hope this helped!



18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the short review! I really wanna try out the mask <3

    BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. まりこさんが、肌荒れに悩んでいたなんて意外です。
    いつもとてもキレイだな〜と思いながら写真を拝見していました。
    やっぱり、気候や食べ物が変わると肌の調子が悪くなったりしますよね。
    きちんと洗顔をしてその日の汚れを落とすのはとっても大切だなと改めておもいます♡

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post dear, follow me and i Follow you back, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey babe, how are you?
    Great post though, i love it, thanks for sharing..
    Follow back if you don't mind.. :P

    Visit me whenever you have time;
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Stay in touch.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey babe, how are you?
    Great post though, i love it, thanks for sharing..
    Follow back if you don't mind.. :P

    Visit me whenever you have time;
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Stay in touch.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sadly don't have Kiehl's here; I hear so many fantastic things about these products. And so strange your skin changed completely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. years ago i used to work at a salon, and we carried kiehls. great product line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been using its elixir midnight serum too! However, it's not that great if you live in such cold country like me because my face is so dry :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dying to try these! Now more than ever! xo


    ALLURE OBSESSED - BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Kiehls products- they are always such high quality! Thank you for this review as I was not familiar with these products! And good luck with finding out what is the best for your skin!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post dear! thanks for sharing with us!
    i follow u via gfc
    kisses

    http://pearlsandrosesdiary.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the review! These sound like great products...definitely want to try out the mask!

    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really good review, i might try these products :)


    http://terramcd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting product. I would search Kiehl's products and try this out. thanks for sharing :)

    http://pedisource.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these products! Nice feature! :)

    http://pedisource.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!