Tuesday, May 12, 2015

OUTFIT | JUST LIKE ME YOU CAN PLAY WORK LOVE



sweater: Metrocity
skirt: Forever 21
sunglasses: zero UV
hat: New Era
shoes: adidas 










When one thinks of Tokyo, 90% of the time they imagine crowded, neon light-flashing streets of bustling Shibuya, Shinjuku or colorful Harajuku. But honestly, there is more to Tokyo than those tourist-favorite locations. Lisa of Paint with Stars and I share a liking for the more quiet and traditional areas in Tokyo, and Sugamo turned out to be one of them. Sugamo's population is known to be made up of mostly the older generation, so you can see many grandmas and grandpas strolling the "Shoutengai," or shopping district near Sugamo station. We were pleasantly surprised at this famous shopping district, as there were store after store of mom and pop shops selling traditional Japanese sweets, delicacies and home-made side dishes that are a must for real Japanese cuisine. And I think it is somewhat of a tourist location to visit the statues of Ojizo-san, or Jiao, the guardian diety of children. I'll be posting more pictures of all this later on.

I've introduced the brand Metrocity in this post, and this time I've styled an outfit around this pink neoprene sweater. Pink is my favorite color, but I hardly ever wear it, so this sweater was a really nice change for me. I kept everything else simple in color, with the gray draped skit and white cap & sneakers. And I just love these fun sunglasses courtesy of zero UV - a cute accessory always makes the outfit. Would you wear sunglasses with a logo on them? 


東京- 都心エリアの新宿、渋谷や華やかな原宿をすぐ思い浮かぶかもしれません。でも、目を見開けば、東京にはもっと面白い場所があるんです。最近、久しぶりに巣鴨に立ち寄りました。カメラマンのリサさんとお散歩がてら、巣鴨の商店街を楽しみました。とても穏やかで、たくさんのおじいさんおばあさんが行き来していたので、可愛らしい場所だなと、思いました。小さなお店がずらりと並んでいて、どれも美味しそうでした!お地蔵さんも久しぶりに見れたので、来てよかったと思いました。

今回は、Metrocityのネオプレンのプルオーバーをメインにコーデを組んでみました。ピンクは大好きだけど、あまり着ない色なので、いい気分転換でした。キラキラのロゴもすごく可愛い!zero UV のロゴ入りサングラスでダブルロゴ。ちょっとオーバーだったかな?





32 comments:

  1. that skirt is perfection :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those zero UV shades on you they're super futuristic and cool! I agree most of the pictures taken of Tokyo are busy streets and crowds, so thanks to your lovely Sugamo feature I was able to see another side of the city! The pictures are so stunning and once again Samantha you nailed it in your outfit, love your pink sweater! :) xo~ Lena
    www.felinecreatures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweater!

    - Audrey
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mixture of pink and greys and you look beautiful as always!

    Danika Maia
    www.danikamaia.com
    BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  5. El look me encanta, creo que me he enamorado :) Te sigo la pista

    www.sheisteresa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I wore this outfit I would look horrible. BUT YOU WORK IT!! Great job

    BCfactor blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect post – the place looks amazing, you look fabulous, your hair is really so beautiful! I loved your dress and shoes and your makeup is perfect! Do you do it alone? It’s really so perfect! http://www.moncleritonline.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the sweater! Pink is definitely not a color I would wear, but it with this sweater it looks amazing!

    https://everydayfacts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sweater & skirt combo!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pink sweater looks great on you. I know many women shy away from pink but it's truly one of nature's prettiest hues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love japanese fashion, it's so pretty and lovely! x

    www.birdieliau.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the draping of that skirt!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the skirt! Wow Forever 21 has some great stuff!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. まりこさんのピンク!すごく新鮮です。淡い色合いがとってもかわいいです♡

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg love love love this look! Love the color of the top and how you have paired with your sunglasses! I need to embrace my confident to do a photoshoot on the street more! Love the photos too hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this outfit, it's so cool! The sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved your blog! Just followed you <3 Check out my new post and if you like it follow me <3
    http://1100days.blogspot.pt/2015/04/guess-what-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is perfect! im in love!!

    http://rrriotdontdiet.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is my favorite outfit from yours sissy <3
    you look so lovely in pink hehe

    NEW POST : MAY WISHLIST

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool style :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos! ;)

    http://hanaylena.blogspot.com/

    https://instagram.com/xxhana_/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the streetstyle photos and you look so chic :)

    Adi xx
    http://www.fancycorrectitude.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll be waiting for those pictures. This made me want to travel x2 in Japan. I love your outfit especially the skirt. :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a unique style.. and it screams your name.. love it alot. It's really awesome to see your individuality in every outfit Samantha! Love your sweater so much, great quote on it :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the look! I think I'll get the sweater,I like it so much.

    xo. TDVR
    www.tenindvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!