Monday, July 27, 2015

Tanabata Festival 七夕祭り




A Japanese summer is not complete without a summer festival, also known as "matsuri" in Japanese. My mother and grandparents used to take my brother and I to the matsuri every summer we visited Japan. The endless street food vendors, toys, games and the bon-odori and taiko performances have always fascinated me as a child, and even now as an adult. This matsuri I attended yesterday is the Tanabata Matsuri to celebrate the reunion of Orihime and Hikoboshi, who can only meet once a year on July 7th. This is probably one of the biggest matsuri in Saitama, and I just can't get enough of the lively atmosphere despite the immense humidity!

This year, some of my friends and I got together for a BBQ, and was later surprised with a beautiful birthday cake, gifts and flowers. I don't think I've ever been surprised this many times in one birthday - I am truly a lucky girl :) I am always grateful to be surrounded by such kind & giving people. Thank you so much♡


日本の夏といえば、お祭りですよね!今年も、小川町の七夕祭りに行って来ました。昨日は最高気温が35度超えていてものすごく暑かったですが、昼間は友達とバーベキューをし、最後にバースデーサプライズをして頂きました!本当にびっくり!美味しいケーキ、綺麗なお花、その他のプレゼントを頂いてしまいました。心から感謝しています。ありがとうございます!今年のバースデーはたくさんの人に祝ってもらって、とても幸せです。夜のお祭りも、にぎやかで大変盛り上がっていました♪やっぱり日本の夏はいいですね♡





22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful festival! Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mask you picked up :) and this is what summer is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to visit Japan and these pictures pique my interest even more. Love the black romper by the way. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been this kind of festival for years.
    Nice place and love the vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday!

    http://differentcands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked beautiful and what a fun tradition!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun festival! Also love your outfit!

    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colourful and so vibrant photos!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/2015/07/giveaway-evil-eyetote-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh was it your birthday? happy belated birthdy samantha! <3 and this festival looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so fun! I love the history behind this festival and hope to add Japan to my list of wanderlust travels in the near future. These photos are gorgeous and so are you. I think I need to add a festival to my summer here in Atlanta as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so great! That's really a beautiful festival!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love summer festival !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Kisses

    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice post.. love to read it..

    visit mine,
    Miss Aa

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy belated birthday samantha! you look so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I am in love with the photographs, you have an amazing tradition I wish my country have something like that:) thanks for sharing this is a fun post, Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this! definitely putting japan summer festival on my bucket list. and your outfit is just too cute<3
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN | LOOKBOOK
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look amazing as always!! Great photos!!

    International Giveaway on my blog!!
    http://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/2015/07/international-giveaway-with-jexshop.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like so much fun. Love your oufit too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tanabata Festival sounds fun, Cute outfit too, love your headpiece <3

    Capturing Life Memoirs | http://aimeebustillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun matsuri! I love the different masks I think I would have picked the same one up myself! We have Japanese festivals in Chicago every once a year and it's always fun to enjoy the street food and performances there :) xo~ Lena
    www.felinecreatures.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Japanese summer festivals (and all the delicious food sold in the streets:)) Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had a perfect evening:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!