Wednesday, January 11, 2012

healthy choices

Here it is! My first cooking post. 

Tonight, I made basil chicken breast & a vegetable medley, paired with a parmesan-asiago rosemary roll from Trader Joe's.



Both were really easy to make. 
For the vegetables, I used olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper to sautee the yellow & red bell peppers, green beans, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms.
I sliced the chicken breasts into smaller pieces so that they would cook faster, and cooked them in olive oil, salt & pepper, and basil. I accidentally added a bit too much olive oil to the pan, but it actually gave more juice and flavor to the meat. It was surprisingly delicious.
Next time, I want to try a red wine reduction for the chicken :) 

Cooking is so fun, I wish I had time to do this more often. 
Anyways, cheers!


Love,
Samantha Mariko

7 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. This looks insanely delicious! Wow.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delicious and healthy!! Basil with chicken sounds good, I should try that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks very delicious, yammi!!
    maybe you'd like to check my blog:

    http://totallyartisfaction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that looks delicious! I'm hungry now. Maybe I should try that...

    http://runwaymeeting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks sooo gooood!!

    +1 follower^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly this looks delicious! I'll have to make that up sometime :)

    http://breezydaysblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!