Wednesday, January 23, 2013

so retro



Photos by Masahiro Nakame
Makeup and hair by Yuna Oya
Wardrobe by Ayaka Ito

All Rights Reserved.



As promised, the photos from my retro photo shoot, the first shoot of the year for me! I'm very pleased with how the photos turned out. I had never done a retro/vintage-inspired shoot before, so I had a great time modeling both outfits. I'm starting to realize that modeling is like acting - it's important to really immerse yourself into the role you are assigned and get creative with expressions and posing.  Being able to play both the male & female roles in this particular photo shoot was an awesome experience. My stylist said she bought everything at vintage or second-hand shops in Tokyo! How cool is that?

On a separate note, I don't actually smoke - the cigarette was just a prop! :)

Thanks for reading!



Love,

Samantha Mariko

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your gorgeous Samantha ! Modeling looks so fun! Wish I could do it haha <3

    Emmy
    http://emmylovees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh my GOODNESS Mariko! You look absolutely gorgeous! The first look is my favorite and just wow, no words <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shoot is impressively beautiful, love the mix of prints! Following you on bloglovin'!
    TheVaniyTheory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair and makeup - especially the eyelashes and lipstick. Great shoot and pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. breathtaking! x chelsie (mossypants.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo shoot !
    so elegant !
    I'm following you now .

    Kisses


    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woooow omg i really love your outfit, you are so pretty like a barbie <3<3<3
      Im following you now! Mind to follow back? :* Join my giveaway too free 80$ gift voucher from Msdressy.com <3<3

      Delete
  7. You look great!;)

    www.eyecatcheroffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!