Thursday, December 8, 2011

so much drama


I'm sure many of my friends know this, but I am a huge fan of Asian drama, Japanese ones in particular.
Right now, I'm watching "Sengyou Shufu Tantei (専業主婦探偵)," which translates to "Detective Housewife." There's a brief synopsis on Dramawiki, but basically Kyoko Fukada plays a naive housewife who is irritatingly optimistic. Of course, her husband (Naohito Fujiki) finds her behavior to be overwhelming and has an affair with another woman, and the housewife somehow ends up being a detective's assistant, etc. 

I love all of the actors in this drama, especially Kenta Kiritani, my new favorite actor :) As the detective, he switches from serious to funny in seconds, a quality I really like in Japanese actors. His impression of Osaka dialect is hilarious (which is interesting because he is a native of Osaka prefecture). And Kyoko Fukada is adorable as always, especially with her short do and glasses. 


The theme song for this drama is a catchy electro-pop song - "Spice" by Perfume.


They are such a cute & upbeat band. 



Watching these dramas and listening to this kind of music really makes me want to go back to Japan. One day.. :)



Love,
Samantha Mariko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!